What is the purpose of a consultation?
The aim of the consultation is making final decision about a need for treatment of prostate cancer.
What does the consultation qualifying for prostate cancer treatment involve?
Before making a decision about treatment method for prostate cancer, a urological consultation with possible qualification for a procedure is necessary. As each Patient is qualified for treatment individually, please, take your complete medical records with you, including information about any previous treatment.
Qualification for a procedure is based on results of diagnostic tests and summary information sheets concerning previous treatment provided by the Patient, medical interview and possible additional tests that may be recommended after the consultation. We also provide active surveillance using the latest available tools and imaging methods.
The most important components of the qualification process are:
- Detailed medical interview and urological examination
- History of PSA levels dynamics and current results
- A result of histopathological examination of sections collected during correctly performed multicore prostate biopsy
- TRUS (transrectal ultrasound scan) assessment
- Local staging (usually by magnetic resonance imaging)
- In some cases - assessment of lymph nodes, a skeleton and other tissues to exclude metastases (MRI, PET-CT, bone scintigraphy)
NOTE: If the Patient does not have results of all tests listed above, please, take all results of diagnostic tests performed to this date.
Who should attend a consultation qualifying for prostate cancer treatment?
We recommend the qualifying consultation to all Patients undergoing a diagnostic process for their condition.
How can I arrange a consultation?
To arrange the treatment, please contact the Patient coordination department at: + 48 606 994 372 or by email: email@example.com
Consultations are provided by Marek Filipek, MD, PhD
Monday, from 5:40 p.m. and Wednesday, from 3:40 p.m. – AMEDS Centrum Medyczne in Grodzisk Mazowiecki
Thursday, from 4.00 p.m. – Medicover Hospital in Warsaw
Psychological support is a necessary component of every effective treatment...
We recommend this consultation to patients diagnosed with prostate cancer and their families.