Artur A. Antoniewicz, MD, PhD is an expert in urology with over twenty years of professional experience including experience with the DaVinci robot. For 7 years and is also the Head of Urological Department at the Międzyleski Specialist Hospital in Warsaw, where he has been involved for over 20 years. He has also been chairing the European Board of Urology (EBU) Examination Board, based in the Netherlands since 2011. Artur A. Antoniewicz, MD, PhD graduated from Medical School at the First Medical School of the Medical Academy in Warsaw. Besides the specialization of the second degree of urology, in 1992 he obtained specialization in general surgery.
Artur A. Antoniewicz, MD, PhD received his extensive professional experience from the best medical centers in Poland and abroad. He was involved in, among others: the State Clinical Hospital No 1 in Warsaw, the Urology Clinic of the Medical Academy in Warsaw, the Railway Hospital in Warsaw. The doctor has also held a number of internships and training in leading urological centers in Germany, France, Slovenia or Italy. In 1999, Artur A. Antoniewicz, MD, PhD received the prestigious Fellow of the European Board of Urology (FEBU). Since 2000 he has been a member of the PTU (Polish Urological Association) Scientific Committee. The doctor is an active member of the Polish Urological Association, the European Board of Urology, the European Society of Urology, the Societe Internationale d'Urologie. Artur A. Antoniewicz, MD, PhD is the author of numerous scientific papers. He speaks fluently in English and German.
The most important publications of Artur A. Antoniewicz, MD, PhD:
- Antoniewicz AA, Paziewska A, Mikula M, Goryca K, Dabrowska M, Poletajew S, Borowka A, Ostrowski J, Lack of evidence for increased level of circulating urothelial cells in the peripheral blood after transurethral resection of bladder tumors, Int Urol Nephrol. 2012 Jun;44(3):761-7.
- Antoniewicz AA, Poletajew S, Borówka A, Pasierski T, Rostek M, Pikto-Pietkiewicz W, Renal function and adaptive changes in patients after radical or partial nephrectomy, Int Urol Nephrol. 2012 Jun;44(3):745-51.
- Antoniewicz AA, Zapała L, Poletajew S, Borówka A, Macroscopic hematuria-a leading urological problem in patients on anticoagulant therapy: is the common diagnostic standard still advisable?, ISRN Urol. 2012;2012:710734.
- Antoniewicz AA, Alivizatos G, Zapała Ł, de Reijke TM, GreenLight™ laser in the treatment of lower urinary tract symptoms due to benign prostatic enlargement, Expert Rev Med Devices. 2011 Mar;8(2):139-47
- Antoniewicz AA, Poletajew S, Biederman A, Zapala L, Borowka A, Renal carcinoma infiltrating inferior vena cava and combined valvular heart disease--one-stage uro-cardiological procedure: a case report, World J Surg Oncol. 2010 Jul 28;8:63.
- Antoniewicz AA, Zapała Ł, Bogucki A, Małecki R., The standard of urological consultation of patients qualified for renal transplant - a review, Cent European J Urol. 2015;68(3):376-82.
- Paziewska A, Dabrowska M, Goryca K, Antoniewicz A, Dobruch J, Mikula M, Jarosz D, Zapala L, Borowka A, Ostrowski J., DNA methylation status is more reliable than gene expression at detecting cancer in prostate biopsy, Br J Cancer. 2014 Aug 12;111(4):781-9.
- Antoniewicz AA, Zapała Ł, Bogucki A, Małecki R, The standard of urological consultation of patients qualified for renal transplant - a review, Cent European J Urol. 2015;68(3):376-82.
- Prejbisz A, Antoniewicz AA, Kabat M, Kuroszczyk J, Stelmachowska-Banaś M, Januszewicz A, Renin secreting juxtaglomerular cell tumor of the kidney causing severe hypertension and polyuria, Pol Arch Med Wewn. 2014;124(4):207-8
- Antoniewicz AA, Zapała Ł, The minimal access technique for cavoatrial renal cancer thrombectomy - should it be used in all cases?, Cent European J Urol. 2015;68(3):318-9