Valeria Tringali, MD is a member of the HIFU CLINIC medical team. She currently also works at ASL Garbagnate.
She completed her medical education at the Università degli Studi di Milano - Corso di Laurea in Medicina e Chirurgia. During her studies she focused on urological cancer surgery, at the European Institute of Oncology and the then moved to pediatric urology at the Ospedale Policlinico di Milano where she completed her thesis on hypospadias with Dr Manzoni (Title “Androgen stimulation in severe forms of hypospadias: is there an increased risk of complications?”).
Her internship took place at the Università degli Studi di Milano. During her first year she worked with prof. Maggioni and prof. Rocco at the Ospedale Policlinico di Milano and later with prof Montanari and prof de Cobelli at the European Institute of Oncology. She also interned at the urology department at the Vanderbilt Medical Center, Nashville, TN, USA, under the supervision of dr S. Chang. During this time she also finished a theoretical and practical course on ultrasonography at the Italian Society of Ultrasonoraphy.
Valeria Tringali, MD speaks Italian, English and French fluently.
Dr Valeria Tringali is a co-author of many articles and was a lecturer at numerous scientific conferences.
- Neuroendocrine differentiation in castration-resistant prostate cancer: a systematic diagnostic attempt. Clin Genitourin Cancer. 2012 Sep;10(3):164-73. PMID: 22401754
- Evidence supporting the association of polyomavirus BK genome with prostate cancer. Med Microbiol Immunol. 2013 Dec;202(6):425-30. PMID: 23821367
- Multiparametric magnetic resonance imaging and frozen-section analysis efficiently predict upgrading, upstaging, and extraprostatic extension in patients undergoing nerve-sparing robotic-assisted radical prostatectomy. Medicine (Baltimore). 2016 Oct;95(40):e4519. PMID: 27749525
- Outcomes of robot-assisted simple enucleation of renal masses: A single European center experience. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017 May;96(18):e6771. PMID: 28471972
- Reliability of Frozen Section Examination in a Large Cohort of Testicular Masses: What Did We Learn? Clin Genitourin Cancer. 2017 Aug;15(4):e689-e696. PMID: 28216275
- Robot-assisted Partial Nephrectomy: 5-yr Oncological Outcomes at a Single European Tertiary Cancer Center. Eur Urol Focus. 2017 Oct 27. pii: S2405-4569(17)30242-0. PMID: 29111154
Posters and presentations:
- ESPU (European Society of Pediatric Urology) conference in Genoa, April 24th-27th, 2013.
- “Utilization of an internet of things (IOT) indoor GPS system and time driven activity -based costing to enhance health care delivery in a urologic clinic: a proof-of-principle” A. Laviana, V. Tringali, D. Penson, M Resnick, AUA poster session, San Francisco May 18-21, 2018
- The International Conference – Progress in Uro-oncology 4th, September 25th – 28th 2013, Cluj-Napoca, Romania. “Non invasive papillary urothelial neoplasms in pediatric age, experience in three centers”. This presentation received one of the prices at the end of the conference.
- Athens Forum on Robotic Surgery in Urology, February 14th-15th 2014, Athens, Greece. “Nerve Sparing as a tool to state the training level of the resident”. (In cooperation with Dr Matei).
- Athens Forum on Robotic Surgery in Urology, May 27th-28th 2016, Athens, Greece. “Urinary diversions in women”. (In cooperation with Dr Matei).
- Athens Forum on Robotic Surgery in Urology, June 2-3rd, 2017, Athens, Greece. “Kidney cancer: Imaging and biopsy. The urologist point of view: which patient should undergo biopsy?”
- Athens Forum on Robotic Surgery in Urology, June 1-2nd, 2018, Athens, Greece: “The role of surgery in oligometastatic prostate cancer”