Anna Długołęcka graduated from the Faculty of Psychology, University of Warsaw (1998) and a post-graduate course in Psycho-oncology at the University of Social Sciences and Humanities (2013).
She is a certified therapist under the Simonton Programme. She participated in numerous trainings for persons providing professional psycho-oncological support, including:
- Rational Behaviour Therapy - 2006 - Polish Association of Behavioral Psychology
- Certifying Programme for Simonton's Method Therapist – 2006 – 2007 Simonton Cancer Center
- Emergency Intervention – 2008 - Center for Cognitive and Behavioral Therapy
- How to talk to people with oncological disorders - 2008 - Institute of Psychoimmunology
- Psychological assistance for families of oncological patients during cancer recurrence – 2009 - B. Winch – PTPO (Polish Psycho-Oncology Society)
- Family systems therapy when faced with cancer. Use of the genogram technique – 2009 M. Porębiak, A. Błogosz - PTPO
- Psychotherapy in advanced cancer based on Viktor Frankl's meaning of life theory– 2012 J.Pronobis, Polish Psycho-Oncology Society (PTPO)
- Family Coaching – (2013) Ericsson College International
- Acceptance and commitment therapy - training with Dr Kelly Wilson, University of Mississippi – 2013 The Mind Institute
- Introduction to ACT therapy – foundations of the MATRIX method – 2014 - training with Prof R. Burian and Annick Seys – SWPS.
Since 2007 she has been working with oncological patients and their families.
The methods used by her in her work include: Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), cognitive and behavioural methods, psychoeducation, support, and individual psychological counselling.
She works with adults, providing individual therapy, support groups and psychoeducational groups. She also provides trainings (including trainings for medical personnel, or NGO volunteers) and workshops (including workshops for personnel and volunteers working at hospices, workshops in communication and stress management, and workshops according to the Simonton Programme).
She is a founding member and President of the Foundation Warszawskie Centrum Psychoonkologii, and a member of the Polish Psycho-Oncology Society.