In Poland, prostate cancer is the second most common cancer affecting men, after lung cancer. HIFU CLINIC Prostate Cancer Treatment Centre was established to effectively treat patients, support them and their families, and ensure further, active and comfortable life for them.
HIFU CLINIC Prostate Cancer Treatment Centre is the first in Poland centre for comprehensive diagnostics and treatment of prostate cancer. Our aim is to assist the Patient and his family throughout the whole process of the prostate cancer treatment. We meet the individual needs of each patient.
The HIFU CLINIC offers:
- extensive modern diagnostics,
- selection of an appropriate treatment method,
- performance of a procedure,
- care and monitoring during the recovery.
The minimally-invasive HIFU procedure, for years selected and recognised by Patients and their families in many countries, has become a hallmark of our clinic.
The HIFU method is available in Poland through the efforts of Dr Marek Filipek, MD, PhD, who was the first Polish doctor certified to perform it.
Doctor Filipek manages the medical team at the HIFU CLINIC Prostate Cancer Treatment Centre, with members including
- Dr Stefan Thüroff, MD, PhD, from the Urology Clinic at the Munich Hospital, a pioneer, expert in, and a promoter of the HIFU method,
- Professor Andrzej Borkowski, a long-term head of the Chair and the Clinic of the General, Oncology and Functional Urology Clinic, Clinical Hospital in Warsaw. The main areas of Professor’s interests include uro-oncology, benign prostate hyperplasia (BPH) and urologic reconstructive surgery.
- Dr Tomasz Borkowski, MD, PhD, specialises in laparoscopic procedures and has over 10 years of experience in this area. He gained experience in leading centres in France, United Kingdom and the U.S.,
- Dr Stefan W. Czarniecki, MD, PhD - the second Polish urology specialist to receive the EDAP TMS certificate for Ablatherm® HIFU,
- Dr Daniel Leszczyński, MD, PhD, the urology specialist and one of the operators performing laparoscopic radical prostatectomies at the HIFU CLINIC Prostate Cancer Treatment Centre. Member of the Polish Urological Association,
- Dr Marcin Czarniecki is responsible for prostate cancer diagnostics at the HIFU CLINIC Prostate Cancer Treatment Centre, in cooperation with the Medicover Hospital in Warsaw. He holds International Cancer Imaging Society (ICIS) and European Society of Urogenital Radiology (ESUR) in the diagnostic imaging of prostate cancer.
- psycho-oncologist Anna Długołęcka, MSc,
- psychologist and sexologist Monika Staruch, MSc.
Apart from the HIFU method, our team also performs other modern procedures for treatment of prostate cancer, including laparoscopic radical prostatectomy (prostate resection) increasing comfort of life versus traditional methods and, when sexual functions are not restored after previous treatment, HIFU CLINIC offers a procedure of penile prosthesis insertion, guaranteeing restoration of sexual functions.
As the first centre in Europe, and therefore in Poland, the HIFU CLINIC Prostate Cancer Treatment Centre introduced 4KScore test predicting a risk of aggressive prostate cancer even 20 years in advance. In prostate cancer early diagnosis ensures the greatest chance for successful treatment and radical remission of this cancer.
At HIFU CLINIC Prostate Cancer Treatment Centre we continuously improve our knowledge and skills, ensuring the top world class care for our Patients.